1 cup cooked brown rice
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
9 ounces grilled chicken (chopped)
2 cups freshly chopped peppers
½ cup freshly chopped onion (or 1/3 cup of Green onion)
1 cup canned unsweeted, low salt corn
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic minced
1 tbsp olive oil
Topping (per serving):
1/3 avocado (or 1 tbsp of guacamole)
2-3 tbsp salsa
1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Cook Chicken if you are using fresh chicken breast. Or if using Rotisserie chicken -shred into pieces.
1. Sauté peppers, onion, and garlic in olive oil
2. Combine sautéed veggies with rice, lime, black beans and chicken.
3. Divide mixture into 5 servings.
4. Top your serving with avocado, salsa, and cilantro
Makes 5 servings.
Nutrition Information: 1 serving with topping: Cals: 459 Protein 35g Carbs: 25.7 (net) Fat 13.7