- 12 large eggs
- 12 Tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper or seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Crack one egg into each cup of a 6 or 12 cup muffin tin. (You may want to crack the eggs into separate ramekins before adding them to the muffin tin, in case an egg breaks.)
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of water to each cup in the muffin tin.
- Bake the eggs for 10-15 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking. If you like runny yolks, poach the eggs for about 10-12 minutes. If you prefer your yolks to be a little more cooked poach the eggs for about 13-15 minutes. During the cooking process, the water will rise and sit on top of the eggs; keep this in mind when you’re checking the egg whites for doneness, since it can be easy to mistake the water on top for an egg white that has not fully set.
- Remove the muffin tin from oven and let the eggs stand for 1 minute in the muffin tin. Then scoop the poached eggs out of the muffin tin with a spoon. Gently pat each egg dry with a paper towel. Serve warm.
Calories per Serving (1 egg): 70 kCal
Fat 5 g
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 0.5 g