1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
1 garlic, minced
1/4 onion, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
Olive oil spray
1. Heat oven to 400°.
2. Spray a little olive oil spray sauté pan on medium heat.
3. Sauté onion, garlic and cilantro for about 2 minutes then add ground turkey. Add in salt, garlic powder, and cumin.
4. Brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through.
5. Add in1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
6. Combine cooked quinoa and meat together.
7. Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise or carve tops off if the can free stand, and remove all seeds.
8. Place in a baking dish.
9. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can.
10. Pour additional chicken broth in the bottom of the baking sheet and cover.
11. Cook for 35 minutes.
Makes 3 Servings
1 serving: Calories 321 Protein: 43g Carbs:29g Fat:3g